Research!America’s newest fact sheet series highlights the personal stories of medical research and the importance of increasing the NIH budget in FY15. We hope you will share these fact sheets with your representatives or congressional candidates, or take it with you on Hill or in-district visits. No one who reads these stories can doubt the significance of medical progress. A stronger investment in research is needed now more than ever!
Here are their stories:
- John Hudson Dilgen, Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Steve DeWitte, Parkinson’s disease
- Victor Medina, Traumatic Brain Injury
- Carrie Scott, Multiple Sclerosis
- Max Hasenauer, X-linked agammaglobulinemia
- Michael Moskowitz, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Averl Anderson, Breast Cancer
- Paul D’Addario, Retinitis pigmentosa
What new discoveries are we delaying and missing when we slow the pace of medical and health research?
We’ve made progress. But the funding to sustain it is eroding.