Tag Archives: Anne Young
On July 23, the Society for Neuroscience held its first interactive webinar titled “Communicating Your Science to the Non-Expert.” During the webinar, speakers discussed how to effectively describe the health and economic impact of your research to a nonscientific audience including policymakers and the media. The presentation covers the basics of crafting an elevator speech and a question and answer session with scientists.
Watch the entire recording online or one chapter at a time:
- Part 1: Introduction, Scott Thompson, PhD, professor and chair for the Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Part 2: Why Communicate?, Scott Thompson, PhD
- Part 3: Crafting Your Story, Suzanne Ffolkes, VP of Communications, Research!America
- Part 4: Putting It All Together, Leslie Tolbert, PhD, Professor of Neuroscience, Cellular & Molecular Medicine, University of Arizona
- Part 5: Question and Answer Session, Anne Young, MD, chair of SfN’s Government and Public Affairs Committee; Scott Thompson, PhD; Suzanne Ffolkes; Leslie Tolbert, PhD